About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Longest, Slowest Road

Sisterhood of the Shrinking JeansI thought I'd been "good" while away in The Big City. I believe there was only one meal where I very definitely overate.

I thought I'd been "good" this past week ~ never over-eating, rarely snacking.

Apparently, I haven't been good enough.

I'm still half a pound heavier than I was two weeks ago at the start of this challenge.
A Woman of Moderation
I've had this book sitting on my night stand for several weeks already, but hadn't quite decided to throw myself into it yet. I'd really like to be able to do it together WITH someone. The blogging group that was following and posting daily sort of petered out after a few weeks and now the blog has been removed entirely, so I have to say, that doesn't really inspire me.

My best friend and fellow weight-loss-struggler and I will be resuming our Wednesday afternoon coffee habit this afternoon, now that her work schedule has returned to normal... I'm hoping she'll be interested in buying the book and working through it together with me.

Spaghetti

0 comments: