About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday

Sisterhood of the Shrinking JeansI have to share a quote I saw someone use on Facebook last Wednesday.

"Why does God allow us to spend so much of our life in battle? Because He never meant for us to sip His spirit like a proper cup of tea. He meant for us to hold our sweating heads over the fountain and lap up His life with an unquenchable thirst."

Ugh. Why do these random quotes I find always seem to apply so well to my life, dang it??!!

I did a quick Google search and it came as no surprise it's from a Beth Moore book. Praying God's Word: Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds, to be precise. That Beth Moore is ONE WISE WOMAN. Still never read any of her books, but she's reached me on more than one occasion despite that!!

Interesting, the title of that book...

On Monday, my closest IRL (in real life) friend as well as my sweet south'un bloggy sistah Susanne started working through the "A Woman of Moderation: Breaking the Chains of Poor Eating Habits" study by Dee Brestin. So far, in two days, I'm down 2.8 lbs! Unfortunately, I'm still heavier than I was last Wednesday. Not by much ~ like, just under a pound ~ but still heavier.

Obviously, I ate too much over Easter.

But I'm excited. I'm excited to be going through this physically, TANGIBLY, with a dear friend, and also to be going through it in bloggy format with someone who's also become a close friend. As much as I love sites like The Sisterhood, for myself, it simply isn't a replacement for a flesh-and-blood friend with whom I can laugh, cry, vent, share, and pray.

I'm so thankful for both these ladies!!

Blow Kiss

7 comments:

Brooke said...

sounds like i need to check out that study.

congrats on your weight loss these past few days!

Christy M. said...

Congrats on your loss since Monday! I can't wait to hear more about your successes with your new plan!

Best of luck this week :)

Golden Parachutes said...

That's a fantastic loss since Monday. You are gonna rock next Wednesday!

-Monique
www.realbeauty101.com

audrey said...

Great job! I'll be interested in hearing more about your study! I need to break out of my poor eating habits. I know that is my biggest struggle right now.

Love Bears All Things said...

Hi Tammi,
I haven't found the book yet but will look at Barnes & Noble this week.
Hey, I've got that Beth Moore book.
So far, I've lost 7.7 pounds.
Mama Bear

Vickie said...

Awesome on the weight loss! I am looking forward to seeing how you do on this plan. I could use a little help with my eating. I do too much of it!

Good luck:)

april said...

Great job! Keep up the good work and good luck with the new plan!! :o)