About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Go, PURPLE!!!

I'm so excited about this new challenge over at the Sisterhood ~ we're kinda doin' a "Biggest Loser" TEAM style! I think this is a great way to light some fires under our butts...

...without having to resort to trash talk!
Well, really nasty trash talk, anyway... ;)

I'm so looking forward to this new dynamic and I think the fact that these other women are essentially perfect strangers puts a little more pressure on MY performance than if we were all good friends.

For myself, anyway, I find it's easier to let my friends down than people I don't know. I guess because friends always tend to be so dang sympathetic and forgiving!! Not that I think I and my teammates WON'T be to each other, but you know what I mean, right? (If not, just smile and nod, okay?!)

Let me introduce you to my wonderful teammates:

The Sisterhood - Team PURPLE!

Priscilla
Mendie
Stesha
Tami B.
and the Sisterhood's own *Lissa* !!!
(whoooo also blogs over here).

I'm so excited about this team! We are so totally ready to kick some
non-purple patooty!!!

Look out, all you other teams!! Winky 2

Of course, I better step up my efforts a notch or two if I want to help my team ~ for the first time in 8 weeks, there was no change in my weight from the previous week. I can blame it on my parents being out here last weekend and all the ensuing festivities, but this coming weekend, my in-laws will be here, so without an extra boost of will-power, I can easily foresee a trend beginning here ~ and heading in the wrong direction!!

I'm weighing in today at 166.2 lbs. My goal for this 7-week challenge is another 10 lbs, which would bring me to my lightest ever since sometime in 1997 (the year I got married) and only 11.2 lbs away from my final goal!!

With this Bible study ending on Friday, I'll be revisiting the recommended eating plan and making a few changes, since I still absolutely HATE those "half" days. I think I'll do away with them completely. More on those plans to come.

For now, just know that ~ as a wonderful friend likes to say ~ IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!

GO, PURPLE!!

Step Aerobics

9 comments:

Brooke said...

congrats on holding steady. at least you're not gaining!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you!! Though I must say team Gold is going to give you a run for your money!!! But what a challenge, eek!!

Tami said...

Right here with you Tammi!!!
We will so rock this party!

Anonymous said...

Good luck this time around, Tammi!!

Andrea said...

now THAT is an excellent idea! i can see how it would be much more motivating to know that you are at risk of letting your team down.

huh. i might have to start something like this on our street. goodness knows there's enough of us out here who are trying (some more successfully than others) to lose weight too.

*Lissa* said...

We are going to ROCK this challenge! I love our team!

april said...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You better look out
TEAM BLACK is coming after YOU.


Good luck!! I know you'll do fabulous this challenge!!

Vickie said...

I get that feeling too, that our butts will be moving in this challenge.

We will see whose team goes down:)

Good luck to you!!

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

I agree wholeheartedly that this challenge will be so very fun and interesting! I'm looking forward to the extra accountability the team aspect has to offer!

Good luck!