About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weigh-in Wednesday

I'm basically the same as last week. Up 0.6.

But considering there were two Thanksgiving potlucks and one big turkey dinner with friends, I'm considering that maintenance.

I'm glad this challenge officially ends on Saturday though, rather than today...
...that gives me a couple more days to try and lose the Thanksgiving ounces ~ and hopefully even a couple extra!!

Every year on the last Sunday in October, our church gets together with the other small churches from our particular affiliation that are within a couple hours' drive of each other, and this year, they're having a food collection offering, so that will be the perfect place to bring what I'm hoping will amount to at least 4 lbs of groceries!! Maybe, I'll include next week's weigh-in to boost my "donate-able" weight!

I have not done as well with this challenge as I was hoping to, but I guess I've pretty much just exposed the problem, too. I was HOPING it instead of DOING IT. When will I ever learn?!

Question Mark

7 comments:

Mendie said...

It's tough, I gained this week too. Glad you are able to find another way to help others after our campaign is done.

Happy Late Thanksgiving to you and your family!

*Lissa* said...

Thanksgiving is definitely a tough one! Now FOCUS until Saturday, girl. ;p

Your church food collection drive is PERFECT! Great!

Kristi said...

I think that is good maitencece! Making it through big meals without gaining a lot or leading to many nights of overeating is always a success! Your right though, you haveto get your whole self involved. Willing it to happen won't work...if it did we'd all be skinny as a rail!!! lol

Brooke said...

why do i always forget that you're canadian? hope you had a great thanksgiving! :)

i'd say those kind of numbers on a holiday week are completely forgiveable. now start doing it instead of just hopeing it! :)

Mommy Mo said...

Hoping instead of doing......sounds like a blog post to come......Considering the events you had this past week, I think you did pretty good! It will come back off before you know it.

Christie O. said...

Seriously that IS pretty good maintenance! A couple potlucks here and there and just a mere couple ounces, NO BIGGIE!!

Tammy said...

Yeah, I'd say you did pretty good too!

But now, forget this past week and focus on this coming week - you can do it!