About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesday ~ tammi

Sisterhood of the Shrinking JeansAll right, here we go!

New year, new decade, new opportunities...

...same old self-control issues!
Dang it.

Not surprisingly, I gained some weight over Christmas holidays. From my last reported weigh-in three weeks ago, I'm up three pounds. From my lowest weight ever (December 9/09), I'm up 4.2 lbs. Not insurmountable.

I intend to have those pounds PLUS two more gone by the end of the month. My goal for the end of this challenge is a total of eight, which will bring me to 151.

It will mean hard work. It will mean eliminating routine daily snacking. It will mean sweatin' to the only cardio work-out DVD I have on days when I can't walk outdoors. It will mean no second helpings ~ EVER. It will mean no more routine suppertime desserts. In short, it will require a LOT of self-discipline. Something I seem to practise only periodically.

But I'm determined. I've been pretty slack for the last six months ~ my cumulative weight loss for July through December is a measely 2.8 pounds, thanks for the most part, to Christmas ~ and it's time to re-engage myself. I've only been this close to my goal weight once before in my married life and this time I intend to go all the way. My plan is to hit 140 by the end of May.

THIS. IS. MY. YEAR.

Oscar Red Carpet 1

14 comments:

Christie O. said...

yes, this IS YOUR YEAR!! you can totally do that, and I know you will!!

Karena said...

Great goals, Tammi! Time for us ALL to re-engage!

Brooke said...

you will totally get there. :)

we taste so as not to deprive ourselves.

we say "no thanks" so as not to gorge ourselves.

we can totally do this!

Unknown said...

We can do it!!! (Why do I hear Bob the Builder in my head when I type that??)

Great goals, great determination, great start!

The Doll said...

This is your year! You can and will do it!

Crooked Eyebrow said...

It is your year, you are going to reach your goal. Stay strong!

Pining for Pinterest said...

This is your year! You can do it!

Mendie said...

New year...new motivation! Good luck! You do great when you focus on your goal!

Mommy Mo said...

Tammi, I KNOW you can do it. Can't wait to see the weight melt off.

audrey said...

2010 is your year! You WILL do this!!!

april said...

You can so do this!!

Anonymous said...

This is totally your year. I can't wait to see you hit those numbers! You can SO do this!

Diane said...

You SO can do this and look at all the support you have!
Can't wait to see you succeed!

Tammy said...

All right - no more slacking. :) You've done it before and you can do it again!