About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Down & Dirty in 30 Challenge Kick-Off

Sisterhood of the Shrinking JeansOkay, I've got my plan in place and I am ready to get DOWN & DIRTY this month! (Well, DOWN anyway!!)

The plan is really pretty simple: make sure I get a minimum of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables in each day.

The tricky part for ME is...

They MUST BE SOLID FOODS, not liquids!!

The temptation is to run out and buy a bunch of V8 and V8-Splash type juices and just drink my fruits and veggies, but what I'm going for here is not actually so much the vitamins, minerals, and fibre, but the feeling of a full stomach. You know, so there's not as much room for all the fat- and carb-laden stuff in my diet! And with fresh produce starting to come out of the garden, this should be relatively easy and inexpensive this month. Once the garden is done... well, I'll worry about that later!

On Wednesday's check-in, I vowed to have some handy little charts made up so I could better keep track of my fruit/veggie intake and it just so happens that my "poor man's BlackBerry" has a food diary mod! I won't be tracking all foods, I don't think, just the fruits and veggies I consume for each meal. There's also spots for type of activity and time, so that will be nice, too.

I'm starting this challenge off with a weight of 157.0, which is down 0.6 from Wednesday (yay!) and though I'm not sure what all the "dirty" part entails, I'm definitely planning on being DOWN in 30!!

Cowgirl

4 comments:

Nadine said...

starting with fruits and veggies is a great goal -- helps fill you up and then there is not a lot of room for the other junk!

Anonymous said...

Get those fruits and veggies in! You can do it!

Tammy said...

Woohoo - go Tammi - you can do it!

Brooke said...

good luck! :) i'm sure you'll do great. and drinking fruit juice is also an "easy fix" i attempt. but the real deal is so much more healthy!